Amazon Web Services
- Create and modify autoscaling groups easily along with policies and associated alarms.
- Create scheduling actions and recurring scheduled actions.
- Create and modify autoscaling policies and associated alarms.
- Suspend and resume scaling processes.
- Enable/disable group metrics and view cloudwatch charts for the metrics.
- View and manage all resources associated with a scaling group easily from a single place.
- Create launch configurations easily using either an AMI or a running instance as the base template.
- Adds name tags to autoscaling launched instances automatically.
- Easily adjust the desired capacity for the scaling group.
- List and view details of the activities related to scaling.
- Temporal visualization to enable viewing your auto scaling activities on a timeline. Toggle between tabular and temporal views with a click.
- Create, view and delete triggers associated with an autoscaling group.
- Alerts via email, SMS, twitter or jabber when autoscaling activities are initiated by EC2.
- Automatically created aliases for all autoscaled instances making it simple to distinguish autoscaled instances from normal ones on the instances page.
- Manage all your VPCs and their resources in all regions.
- View all the various components in a VPC on a single page.
- Audit trail for all the changes being made to your VPCs.
- Scheduled and on-demand backup of EBS instances inside your VPC.
Amazon Simple Email Service
- View, verify and manage your email addresses.
- View sending quotas and limits.
- Analyze email send statistics.
- Send test emails easily from within Ylastic using the SES API.
Amazon Route 53
- Complete support for managing your hosted zones.
- Ability to backup your hosted zones to S3 in BIND format.
- Support for scheduling backups of your hosted zones to S3.
- Complete support for managing all types of resource records for your hosted zones.
- Configure weighted resource records for DNS based round robin load balancing.
- Configure alias resource records for mapping your zone apex to an ELB in EC2.
- Configure weighted alias resource records for configuring DNS based round robin load balancing between EC2 regions.
- Ability to save and view changelogs for all changes made to a specific zone.
- Import BIND zone file data into your hosted zones easily.
- Export your hosted zone data to BIND zone file format with a click.
- Ability to chunk large change requests to Route53.
- Add wildcards to map all records in a domain to a single IP.
- Add multiple IP addresses to a single A record.
- Search and filter through all your resource records easily.
- Complete audit trail for changes made to zones and their resource records.
- Ability to setup repositories for storing your IAM policies.
- Point and click wizard for super simple creation of IAM policies.
- Complete support for managing IAM groups.
- Complete support for managing IAM users.
- Assign access policies to groups and users.
- Create, delete and disable access keys for users.
- Create, view and update access policies.
- Upload, view and update server SSL certificates.
- Display a chart with an overview of all your groups and users assigned to those groups with a click.
- Completely integrated with Ylastic.
- Mobile IAM management for iPhone, Android and Blackberry coming soon.
- Create DB instances easily with a wizard that lets you set all of the parameters.
- Displays estimated incurred costs for the current month for each db instance.
- Displays a dynamic estimated total incurred cost for all your db instances, that changes based on you selected filter.
- Filter your db instances easily by typing in a string to match.
- Create Read Replicas easily.
- Monitors for binary log disk usage and replica lag.
- Modify DB instance parameters including storage and CPU.
- Support for multi AZ deployments.
- Create, view and delete DB snapshots.
- Visualize all the monitoring metrics for a DB instance.
- Create, view and modify DB security groups and authorizations.
- Create, view and modify DB parameter groups and parameter values.
- View all DB events logged by RDS.
- Monitoring of DB instances along with alerts via email, twitter or jabber when metrics exceed the threshold set by you.
- Voice alerts when metrics exceed the threshold set by you.
- Create instances from snapshots or restore DB from a point in time.
- Each DB instance on the DB instances page displays a small chart of its average CPU Utilization over the last 10 minutes. If you hover over the chart, it will also tell you the CPU utilization value for the last one minute. You can also see the number of open connections and free storage space. At a single glance you get an overview for all your DB instances.
- Drilldown into monitoring data for each individual DB instance easily. You can adjust the timelines by simple dragging and zoom in or out to your time period of choice.
- Enable/disable CloudWatch monitoring for instances.
- Visualize monitoring metrics for the dimensions of your choice for EC2 instances.
- Visualize monitoring metrics for the dimensions of your choice for EBS volumes.
- Visualize monitoring metrics for the dimensions of your choice for the Elastic Load Balancing service.
- Easily adjust the timeline on the charts by simple dragging to zoom in on data that you need.
- Monitoring of CloudWatch enabled instances, EBS volumes and elastic load balancers along with alerts via email, twitter or jabber when metrics exceed the threshold set by you.
- Voice alerts when metrics exceed the threshold set by you.
- The timestamps for the monitoring charts and alerts can be configured to be in the timezone of your choice.
- Mobile CloudWatch for retrieving and viewing CloudWatch charts on your iPhone, Blackberry 9800 or Android.
- Each CloudWatch enabled instance on the instances page displays a small chart of its average CPU Utilization over the last 10 minutes. If you hover over the chart, it will also tell you the CPU utilization value for the last one minute. At a single glance you get an overview for all your instances.
- Drilldown into monitoring data for each individual instance easily. You can adjust the timelines by simple dragging and zoom in or out to your time period of choice.
- Manage both streaming and download distributions.
- Configure access logging.
- Setup custom origin distributions.
- Create and manage invalidations.
- Specify OriginProtocolPolicy for Custom origin distributions.
- View, modify and delete configurations.
- Support for Requester pays buckets.
- Create, view and delete buckets.
- View and modify access control lists for your buckets and files.
- View file details.
- View, modify and update file metadata.
- Configure logging for buckets.
- Filter and search the listings of files to match only what you need.
- Clear bucket contents easily with one click, without deleting bucket.
- Integrated S3 browser using James Murty's jets3t toolkit.
- View domain metadata.
- Create, view and delete domains.
- Create items in domains.
- View and update attributes for an item.
- View a list of your items.
- Query and filter the listings of items to match only what you need.
- Create, view and delete topics.
- View all your subscriptions.
- Manage access to topics by adding and removing permissions easily.
- Use easy to remember aliases for AWS accounts when adding permissions.
- Access Control Policy viewer for displaying formatted, collapsible version of the security policy for a topic.
- Subscribe and unsubscribe from topics.
Amazon Elastic Load Balancing
- Map your ELBs to your Route 53 zone apex easily.
- Create load balancers easily with a wizard that lets you set all of the parameters.
- Upload SSL certs and setup SSL termination for your ELB easily.
- Create and manage stickiness policies for ELB.
- Run sanity tests for your load balancers with a single click.
- Monitors/alerts for load balancers which have only unhealthy instances in an availability zone.
- Create multiple listeners when creating a load balancer.
- View a list of all listeners associated with a load balancer.
- Add/remove availability zones associated with the load balancer.
- Register and unregister instances easily with the balancer.
- View and update the health check configuration.
- Visualization of your load balancer configuration showing the zones and registered instances within the zone.
- Alerts via email, twitter, SMS or jabber when latency, request count or unhealthy instances for the load balancer exceed the thresholds set by you.
- Create, view and delete queues.
- Create and send new messages.
- View messages in a queue.
- Browse the list of all your messages across ALL the queues in your account or choose a specific queue. Work with queues and messages the way you want.
- Configure visibility timeouts easily.
- Clear a queue with one click.
Simple Backups for EBS Instances
- Super simple EBS instance backup management.
- View and manage backups for each EBS instance.
- Schedule automated backups.
- Keep only specified number of backups and prune the rest.
- Backup multiple instances with a single scheduled task.
AWS Account Advisor
- A tool for optimizing your usage of AWS.
- Each advisor run contains checks that are divided into four categories - Cost optimization, Disaster recovery, Fault tolerance, and security audits.
- Runs ten different checks in the current release.
- View estimated cost savings from removing unused AWS resources.
- Schedule advisor runs for a time period of your choice.
- View and manage stacks and all their associated resources.
- Create repositories for storing templates.
- View template body or a visualization of the template structure.
- Estimated hourly and monthly costs for creating stacks from a template.
- Create a stack and set up monitoring and alerting at the same time.
- Estimated monthly incurred costs for stacks along with totals.
- Grouped display of resources in a stack.
- Support for other kinds of repositories for storing your templates coming soon.
AWS Spending Analytics
- Slice and dice your spending on various AWS web services.
- View details and charts on your spending for all services or individual services for the current month, previous month or even the entire year.
- Set up monitors to alert you when cost thresholds are reached, so you can keep an eye on your spending.
- Keep track of the costs on the go from your iPhone, Blackberry 9800 or Android.
- A tag cloud to easily visualize your EC2 tags.
- Ability to tag multiple resources across a single or multiple regions.
- Edit tags for multiple resources across a single or multiple regions.
- Delete tags for multiple resources across a single or multiple regions.
- Two-step verification aka multi-factor authentication for your Ylastic sign-ins.
- No need to buy any special devices. You can just use your mobile phone for generating time-sensitive single use codes.
- Two-step verification is also enabled for Ylastic mobile versions.
- Ability to save your identity on a trusted computer or phone for up to two weeks so you do not get prompted.
Disaster recovery tools
- Migrate an EBS backed linux instance to an AMI in a different region.
- Tools for inter-region migration of AMIs and snapshots.
- Migrate EBS backed linux AMIs between regions.
- Migrate EBS linux snapshots between regions.
- Migrate EBS backed windows 2008 AMIs between regions.
- Migrate EBS windows snapshots between regions.
- Create a private AMI in a region of your choice from any public EBS backed Linux or Windows 2008 AMI.
- Backup Route53 hosted zones in BIND format to any S3 bucket of your choice.
- Webhooks for super simple integration of Ylastic alerting with your internal systems and apps.
- Use http or https URLS for receiving the notifications.
- Additional extension/integration points coming soon.
- A bird's eye view of all your server resources and their heartbeats in real-time.
- Live visualization of your EC2 servers on the dashboard in any region.
- Live visualization of your RDS database servers on the dashboard in any region.
- AWS service health status tracking.
- Easy to use web based scheduling UI for running periodic tasks on AWS.
- Configure a task to run once at a specific time or specify a recurring time interval.
- Configure a task to run using cron format.
- Launch an instance as a scheduled task.
- Start an EBS backed instance and assign an elastic ip as a scheduled task.
- Stop an EBS backed instance as a scheduled task.
- Create snapshots from EBS volumes as a scheduled task.
- Auto-scale your instances as a scheduled task.
- Snapshot RDS instances as a scheduled task.
- Prune EBS snapshots as a scheduled task.
- Schedule backups of Route53 zones to S3 buckets.
- Support for other tasks coming soon.
Multiple AWS Accounts
- Add multiple AWS accounts with easy to remember aliases.
- Switch between AWS accounts/environments with a single click.
- Management and monitoring for all the setup AWS accounts.
- Select the account to manage from your iPhone, Blackberry 9800 or Android.
- Daily PDF reports with details of your AWS environment.
- Alerts via email or SMS or twitter or Jabber IM/Google Talk.
- Voice alerts to your phone.
- AWS Service health system alerts and Ylastic system announcements are also posted to twitter as updates for the ylastic user.
- Monitors for HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Ping, DNS, and reverse DNS
- Monitors for EC2 instances, load balancers, EBS volumes, RDS db instances, usage costs, and scaling activities
- Keep tabs on your instances by receiving alerts when the state of the launched instance changes.
- Temporal visualization to enable viewing your alerts on a timeline. Toggle between tabular and temporal views with a click.
- Receive alerts from the monitoring of CloudWatch enabled instances and elastic load balancers via email, SMS, voice, twitter or jabber when metrics exceed the threshold set by you.
- Get notified via email, twitter or jabber/google talk when status changes to the health of different services are published by the AWS team.
- Alerts via SMS to even international numbers.
- Configurable frequency interval for alerts.
- Access and manage your AWS environment with an iPhone.
- Access and manage your AWS environment with any Android phone.
- Access and manage your AWS environment with any Blackberry 6 phone.
- AWS in your pocket - support for other mobile devices coming soon.
- Ability to have multiple users using the same AWS account, while being able to track the actions performed by each user.
- View the time stamps for all your AWS resources in the timezone of your choice.
- Unobtrusive hover help through out the interface.
- Secure https only connection for the application.
- Works in a variety of web browsers - Firefox 2.x, Firefox 3.x, Safari 3.x, Any Webkit based browser, Google Chrome. Internet Explorer is not currently supported.
- Fast and prompt support.
- Very active development with lots more features on the way.
- An audit history of everything done in your AWS environment from Ylastic.
- Each audit also stores the IP address from which the action was performed.
- Temporal visualization to enable viewing your audits on a timeline. Toggle between tabular and temporal views with a click.
- Store and view details on every instance ever launched using Ylastic.
- Single click migration for EBS linux AMIs and snapshots between regions.
- Complete support for tags and full integration with Ylastic aliases to make it even more easier to identify resources.
- View your tags for EC2 resources even on your mobile phone - iPhone, Android or Blackberry6.
- Support for launching and managing EBS backed instances.
- Displays estimated incurred costs for the current month for each instance.
- Displays a dynamic estimated total incurred cost for all your instances, that changes based on you selected filter.
- Filter your instances easily by typing in a string to match.
- No more rummaging for interesting images. Tag any public AMI as a favorite.
- Search through AMIs easily and filter by region, architecture and type.
- Modify attributes for EBS backed instances.
- Modify the instance type for an EBS instance.
- Over ride default block device mappings, change the mappings for ephemeral devices, and specify multiple block device mappings when launching a EBS based AMI.
- Support for spot instances.
- Create AMIs from EBS backed linux instances.
- Register EBS snapshots as EBS backed AMIs.
- Bundle Windows instances easily with automatic AMI registration and email notifications when the process is complete.
- Modify attributes for running EBS backed instances.
- Visualize EC2 usage to get a feel for how you are using it.
- Complete support for all AWS regions.
- Manage keys, groups, eips, volumes, snapshots in EU region.
- Easy to use interface for filtering and searching for AMIs across US and EU regions.
- Lock your instances to prevent accidental termination.
- Built in SSH client so you can connect to an instance with one click.
- View, create and delete EBS volumes.
- Attach and detach EBS volumes from running instances.
- Force detach EBS volumes.
- Easy creation of a volume from an existing EBS volume with a single click. You will be notified by email when the volume is created and available.
- View snapshots in both US and EU regions.
- Share and unshare snapshots easily with other AWS users, using easy to remember aliases.
- View, search and create volumes from public datasets easily in both US and EU regions.
- Prune snapshots with one click.
- Create snapshots from EBS volumes.
- Create EBS volumes from snapshots.
- Create, delete and manage security groups.
- Grant and revoke group permissions for IP addresses.
- Grant and revoke permissions for named groups.
- Create, delete and regenerate security keypairs.
- Allocate and un allocate elastic ip addresses.
- Associate and disassociate elastic ip addresses from running instances.
- View details of instances associated with an elastic ip.
- A clean interface with all relevant instance details readily available.
- Launch instances with the ability to specify availability zones, kernel and ramdisk.
- Browse and launch instances from your AMIs, any paid AMI or any public AMI.
- Attach notes to your images and store additional info and details about each image.
- Filter and search the listings of images to match exactly what you need.
- Terminate and reboot instances.
- Clone a running instance by launching another instance with the same launch parameters very easily.
- Deregister images from EC2 and delete their associated bundles from S3 with one click.
- View console output for running instances.
- Assign aliases when launching instances, so you can distinguish easily between multiple instances.